law pages of Bournemouth and Poole College.
The Fireworks Act 2003 makes provision for the Secretary of State to make regulations (“fireworks regulations”) which will regulate the supply and use of fireworks, including the powers to:
- impose a noise limit of 120 decibels on fireworks available to the public;
- ban the use of fireworks during anti-social hours;
- license people who sell fireworks;
- allow local authorities to refuse and revoke licenses if retailers act inappropriately; and
- create a compulsory training course for operators of public firework displays.
The DTI will be consulting next year on draft regulations which will be in place for the 2004 fireworks season.